Did you know that approximately 80% of New Year’s resolutions fail by the second week in February? So if you’ve found yourself falling back into old habits as the shimmer of the New Year has faded, you are not alone… and it’s not too late to get back on track! One thing you have to remember is, you only fail if you stop trying, so any time you fall off the proverbial horse, … Get Back On!
Here are few tips to remember that can help:
- Visualize It – See the end goal and stay focused on that. Also visualize the possible bumps along the way and prepare for them. Have a plan on how you will resist temptation and avoid getting derailed.
- Accentuate the Positive – Focus on the positive! There are a lot of things in life that you can’t control but you CAN control your attitude and your response to life’s challenges. Chose to be positive and move forward rather than dwelling on slip ups, etc… Move on, look ahead, take care of your self and be positive.
- Be Specific – Make specific goals each day that will get you closer to your long-term goal. One day at a time, the little steps will get you far.
- Get Competitive – Find someone who can challenge you. Secretly compete with the guy or girl you always see at the gym with the body you envy and start pushing yourself to keep up with them. Or, find a friend who will do the same and keep you accountable, you get the idea. Make it fun and energize yourself with a challenge.
- Celebrate – Celebrate the little victories and the victories will get larger the more you stick with your goals. Build your confidence and you’ll be impressed at how far you can go.
Remember, you can do this! Get back on track, keep these tips handy to remind you what you need to focus on and it’ll be easier to STAY on track. Focus on how much you’ve invested in your health by undergoing the balloon weight loss procedure. You are worth this and it will be worth the effort!!